About The Watchmen

« Older   Newer »
~vale93kotor}
view post Posted on 23/2/2009, 18:41

Frank Iero (Guitar), My Chemical Romance // Leathermouth

"I'm so excited for Watchmen! I can't wait. It's one of those things where I was definitely the dude waiting for this movie to come out and initially being like, 'It's going to fucking suck. They're going to ruin it!' When I found out who was involved, saw coming attractions of it and watched clips, I was blown away. It looks phenomenal. I don't think there's going to be one second where any fan is going to be disappointed in this movie. That, to me, is the hardest undertaking. It's like covering a Beatles song. You typically just don't do it because everyone's going to hate it no matter what you do, but I don't see this going bad at all. I'm so excited about it. Even the sneak preview trailers blew me away. I'm very excited to be a part of it and have worked on 'Desolation Row' for the movie. The trailers that came out with the Smashing Pumpkins song and the Muse song were so fitting as well. They were regal! I can't wait. Those trailers are incredible, especially when the ship comes out of the water. The fight scene with The Comedian looks like it goes on forever. It looks so brutal. Those really drew me in. It's going to be true to the comic too. There's none of that PG-13 bullshit [Laughs]."

Ed ecco altri artisti che dicono :

SPOILER (click to view)
Feature: Musicians talk "Watchmen"
It seems like everyone is psyched to see the film adaptation of Watchmen, due in theaters March 6th. The trailers are hypnotic and pulse-pounding, and director Zack Snyder's track record—300, Dawn of the Dead—makes him the perfect man for the monumental task of adapting this revered graphic novel for the big screen. Plus, that good ol' R-Rating assures that the original graphic novel's gritty nature will be kept in tact. We know fanboys everywhere are waiting with bated breath, but we took a consensus from various musicians about the film.

Some are bona fide comic book fanatics—Slipknot's Corey Taylor, My Chemical Romance's Frank Iero and System of a Down's John Dolmayan—while others are just blown away by the previews—indie hip hopper Tech N9ne and R&B hook-man Bobby Valentino. So we compiled an exclusive feature with reactions from various rockers and rappers. In the process, we got even more stoked about Watchmen.

Here's what we asked everyone…

Are you particularly excited about the film adaptation of Watchmen? What appeals to you about the film?

Corey Taylor (Vocals), Slipknot // Stone Sour

"I am really excited about the movie! I love Watchmen, but I wonder, how are the filmmakers going to get this much book into this much movie? [Makes tiny sign with his fingers] How are they going to tell some of the mystery stories? I love Alan Moore though!"

John Dolmayan (Drums), System of a Down // Scars on Broadway

I'm extremely excited about Watchmen, and I have been since first hearing about the possibility of a film adaptation of what I consider to be Alan Moore's greatest work. I have not been this anxious to see a film since Lord Of The Rings, and I expect a huge reaction to this film from both comic novices and connoisseurs. Fans of recent comic-inspired movies will be mesmerized by the complexity and depth of the story and how it intertwines with the fantasy world of super-heroes and heroines bringing larger than life situations into a believable human drama that all of us can relate to. This story is superb, and I anticipate the film will become a classic enjoyed for generations!

Frank Iero (Guitar), My Chemical Romance // Leathermouth

"I'm so excited for Watchmen! I can't wait. It's one of those things where I was definitely the dude waiting for this movie to come out and initially being like, 'It's going to fucking suck. They're going to ruin it!' When I found out who was involved, saw coming attractions of it and watched clips, I was blown away. It looks phenomenal. I don't think there's going to be one second where any fan is going to be disappointed in this movie. That, to me, is the hardest undertaking. It's like covering a Beatles song. You typically just don't do it because everyone's going to hate it no matter what you do, but I don't see this going bad at all. I'm so excited about it. Even the sneak preview trailers blew me away. I'm very excited to be a part of it and have worked on 'Desolation Row' for the movie. The trailers that came out with the Smashing Pumpkins song and the Muse song were so fitting as well. They were regal! I can't wait. Those trailers are incredible, especially when the ship comes out of the water. The fight scene with The Comedian looks like it goes on forever. It looks so brutal. Those really drew me in. It's going to be true to the comic too. There's none of that PG-13 bullshit [Laughs]."

Bobby Valentino

"Watchmen looks like it's going to be one of the coolest movies this year. I've always liked action movies, and it seems like this one's going to be non-stop. Also, that girl that plays the Silk Spectre (Malin Akerman) is straight-up fine! She can rescue me anytime. She and the Watchmen should holla at me if they need a theme song! I'll give them a Rebirth."

Tech N9ne

"Oh my God, Watchmen looks fucking dope! It looks like some comic book shit. I'm definitely going to see that one. How it was shot is a little bit like Sin City, but it reminds me of X-Men overall. Those things that glow in the dark in the trailer were crazy. They've got white eyes, and there are three or four of them. I want to see what that's about. That big blue guy sticks out. He looks like something godly. I was like, 'What the Hell is that?' I can't wait to see what they do with it. It looks like some Marvel Comics shit. I had no idea it was rated R either, that means it's going to be even better!"

Brann Dailor (Drums), Mastodon

"I'm looking forward, with great anticipation, to the new Watchmen movie. The trailers look absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see it on the big screen while eating popcorn in a movie theater!"

Matt Heafy (Vocals/Lead guitar), Trivium

"I was more into Marvel Comics than DC Comics as a kid, but the movie looks cool, and I definitely want to check it out!"

Miranda Lee Richards

"I've seen the trailers and the posters for Watchmen. It really looks awesome. A lot of the comic book adaptations really have just been incredible. All of the Spiderman movies and X-Men are so fun to watch. Watchmen looks really incredible. You watch the trailer, and it blows your mind."

Ronnie Winter (Vocals), The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

"Hell yeah, we're excited! Rorschach is the man, baby! I think we'll be in the Philippines on the 6th of March so that's where I'll be checking it out on the big screen. Comic books and graphic novels have always been inspiring to artists and musicians. They unlock that creative, childlike imagination we all still have even after getting older. Mostly though, Watchmen is just a kickass story. We are glad it is finally getting its turn in theaters."

Neil Fallon (Vocals - Guitar), Clutch // The Bakerton Group

"I remember when Watchmen came out when I was in high school, and I was really into comic books. I pretty much put that on a giant pedestal that's going to be hard for anyone to live up to, but from the trailers, the movie looks amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing it from the preview. I think CGI may be coming around to the point where it doesn't bug me anymore. It's good that it's rated R because it won't be Disneyified at all."

—Rick Florino

0 replies since 23/2/2009, 18:41   413 views